While wandering around Melbourne on foot, it is hard not to notice all the street art covering the walls of the numerous alleys of one of the street art capitals of the world.
We walked around Hosier and Rutledge Lane opposite Federation Square, Union Lane off Bourke Street Mall and the Fitzroy Suburb and saw many great artworks.
Other than these 3 areas, you may also visit these locations where you can see “some of the city’s best street art*”:
- Caledonian Lane off Little Bourke Street
- Rear of 280 Queen Street in Finlay Avenue
- 21 Degraves Street
- Cnr Flinders Lane and Cocker Alley
- 122 Palmerston Street, Carlton
- Centre Place, between Collins Street and Flinders Lane
* Street art by http://www.thatsmelbourne.com.au/
Next time you’re in Melbourne, do explore the side streets and appreciate these works of art that will most probably be replaced by other equally awe-inspiring works of art the next time you visit. Or if you are a follow-a-tour-group type of person, join the Street Art Tours.